Sunday, September 14, 2014

Christmas Pyjama Party


Spring is definitely in the air around Brisbane, it seems that a switch was flicked on 1st September and we are into warmer weather (sometimes it would be nice to have the milder temperatures for a bit longer as it makes our humid summers so long).  

Next week school holidays begin, and I can't tell you how much my daughter needs a break.  Traditionally this is their busiest term, with assessment and several ensemble performances that seemed to be all at the end of term.  Add to that my daughter has damaged the tendons of her big toe and is unable to do ballet - weird thing is she did it while doing Hip Hop at school!  So she has been told to rest till school resumes in October.  

When I saw this photo over at Festive Friday I knew I needed to find my mojo fast (it has been missing for a very long time) - it is so beautiful!    Which elements to pick!! 


I settled on pink with a touch of grey and the baubles, the picture frame on the bottom shelf was the impetus for the shape of the card.  I have been wanting to use my stencils more, with all the inspiration out there, so the snowflakes  possibly make for a busy card but that's OK by me.  

While these stamps may not be my oldest WMS Christmas stamps, they are very much loved like "Old Pyjamas"  - Challenge 3



What you need
Cardstock - SU grey;  PTI Shimmer Pink;  SSS vellum
Stamps - WMS Nordic Winter, Compliments of the Season 2
Ink - Versamark
Embossing Powder - Filigree white;  Ranger Liquid Platinum
Embossing Paste - Wendy Vecchi
Stencil - SSS Snow
Crafty Sparkles glitter
Punch - SU
Die - Spellbinders
Twine - Lawn Fawn

OK, while we are on a roll with creating - I came across this Colour Q challenge and knew it had to be the debut of my new Blackberry bliss ink pad.  I was a little concerned as my previous new formula SU stamp pads have been less than successful (very wet and blotchy).  Quel surprise!  It worked a treat - almost as good as my adored Versafine ink pad (high praise indeed).  


So, using the WMS Bedtime Stories sketch, I came up with a birthday card for my Mum.  It isn't needed till Christmas Eve, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared (and she doesn't read my blog).  
I have been catching up on all the lovely posts from Laura Sterckx, and one of the techniques she is particularly good at is shaker cards, so that is what we have here.  My Mum is also in love with seahorses.  





What you need
Cardstock - PTI white;  BB grey;  Canson shimmer gold
Stamps - WMS Ocean Bound, Cameo to Go (sentiment)
Ink - SU Blackberry Bliss;  HA Butter Bar;  SSS Fog, Smoke
Die - MFT Fishtail Flags and Layer Stax
Punches - SU
Acetate Sheet
Copic Liner Grey 0.3
Sequins - various

Just one more I thought I would tack on the end.  My daughter's teacher has had a term off school and his replacement will be finishing up on Wednesday.  She asked me for a card and present to give her.  The colours she chose were aqua and mango .... hmmm. 

So this is what I came up with - I have been wanting to do more Distress ink blending (again, thank you Laura),  so used it as a patterned paper.  I do need more practice but love the effect.   Ooh, and a bit of practice for the upcoming Online card classes class - all about Copics.


17 comments:

  1. All of your cards are amazing! The pink ornaments are so pretty with the snowflakes gently falling in the background! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards all! I adore the shaker seahorse card - your Mum will love it! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love your cards. My favourite would have to the shaker card - love the colours, layout interactive element. What a lucky mum you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Cassandra! Love the shaker card with the seahorse! Great work! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What amazing cards - your seahorse card caught my eye straight away in the Colour Q thumbnails..it's absolutely gorgeous. And I love how you've used pink for a Christmas card! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cassandra, these are lovely, the pink and grey was making me all cozy, but then you zinged in with the purple and lemon seahorse shaker! Finally you got me between the eyes with that AMAZING camellia card, these are all awesome and I will be back later to pin! hope that's ok! thank you for playing along with us at WMS and good luck in the prize drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beutiful cards Cassandra! love especially the shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three fabulous projects - I'm smitten with the shaker card. That sea horse looks fabulous!! The yellow and purple are so yummy together. The soft blue on the camellia card is amazing, and the soft pink on the ornaments with the snowy background. You have a great eye for color and your post is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love set of cards! I love how you've interpreted the inspiration with the pink baubles! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE them all...the shaker is just too perfect...lovely ornaments in soft Christmas shades....and the distressed background with those fantastic flowers!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All three of your cards are simply stunning. I particularly like the shaker card for your Mum - love the seahorse!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards all, love the seahorse. Congrats on your win at WM! Enjoy the shopping spree!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! These are amazing! I love that seahorse card, very elegant! I'm glad to hear the Blackberry Bliss pad worked for you. I want that colour but every single one of my new SU! pads won't give me a crisp image. Maybe they're rejigging the formula, hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards! Your Copic coloring is already wonderful. See you in class; I'm looking forward to this one although we'll be traveling for some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning and so stinkin' creative. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful assortment! Wonderfully done - each of them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, your little ornaments on the Festive Friday card are perfect for the inspiration!!! How pretty!!! So glad you joined us! (I LOVE that shaker card, too!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...