Sunday, March 16, 2014

Clean and Simple 3


A very warm day for the beginnning of Autumn.  Not the best weather to make cards, but not good for much else except lazing around.  My daughter has a Percussion workshop this afternoon, fortunately in the comfort of air conditioning, and we get to hear the fruits of their labours later on today.  


Missed this challenge last week so will keep it in my files for later use and this is  the latest sketch.  So to the definition of "simple".  I don't think there have been many cards that have taken as long as these two, particularly the second one.  I thought the sketch really suited the first theme of the class -  Faux Effects - giving the look of layered diecuts without the bulk.  I used Debby Hughes' card as inspiration.  


The video made it look all SOOO easy, and clearly to Debby this comes very naturally.  I am sure there is a more logical way to diecut in a few simple steps, but I didn't discover it.  I do like the effect however and so much better for cards sent overseas.

What you need
Cardstock - PTI white, red, black
Patterned paper - Teresa Collins Stationery Noted
Various MFT dies
Pearls - Kaisercraft

Now, THIS card.  Theme - Optical Illusions.  Masking to give the effect of dimension as so capably demonstrated by Jennifer McGuire.  How hard can it be to do a bit of masking and a bit of stamping.  Very difficult if you are me.   I was going to do an Argyle pattern for the background, masked it all, then it didn't stamp cleanly - TWICE (I hate wasting card stock),  opted for text which seemed to work better.  Anyway, as a masculine birthday card I do like it, but maybe need to make it more user friendly for me.


What you need
Cardstock - SU Very Vanilla,  Early Espresso
Stamps - PTI Text Style 2;  MFT Birthday Sentiments
Ink - PTI Kraft, Fine Linen;  SU Soft Suede
Masking tape


6 comments:

  1. Your cards are amazing!! I especially like the first one. That class looks lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both, Cassie! I can't even figure out how you made the first one, but it's fantastic. :-) I feel your frustration with the process of making the second one. The final card ended up being gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are great! I'm still playing around with the lessons from Day 1, and not finding some of it easy at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your cards are gorgeous! I wish I'd signed up to this class now after reading about it all over blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! I especially love your mix of patterned papers on the first one! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...