Monday, January 27, 2014

I didn't realise mess could be so much fun ...



This is just way too much fun

The Day 2 challenge had me stumped for a while - different ways to use templates.  Kristina's card was the stand out from this stellar group of examples.  She used Inktense pencils to colour random parts of the stencil with that scribbly font that I love.  





I didn't have a stencil that lent itself to this technique, so I made my own with a couple of layered diecuts.  Orientation of the leaves was a bit of a trial but love how it turned out.  

What you need
Cardstock - PTI white, black;  SU Melon Mambo
Die - PTI Turning a new Leaf
Sequins
Inktense pencils - Apple Green



Day 3 - Dimension with Texture.  I wasn't able to do much with my Christmas acquisitions late last year as I ordered quite late.  So now is my time!  I used the embossing paste the sprinkled the wet paste with Distress glitter a la Debby Hughes. A beautiful subtle gleam, very hard to pick up in the photo. 
 So much fun.

What you need
Cardstock - Bazzill Navy;  SU white
Stamps - Wplus9 Winter Wishes;  The Craft's Meow Stitched Sentiments 2
Ink - SU real red;  Memento Paris Dusk
Die - MFT Fishtail Flag stax
Stencil - SSS Falling Snow
Wendy Vecchi Embossing paste
Distress Glitter - Clear Rock Candy
Bakers Twine

So while we are STILL on the subject of Christmas, this card popped into my head and was very quick and easy to do for the first Festive Friday challenge of 2014.


I love this window diecut and you cannot help but be entranced by the colours.  



What you need
Cardstock - PTI red, white:  SU Handsome Hunter
Stamps - PTI Holiday Sparkle
Ink - Memento Cottage Ivy
Die - Taylored Expressions
Punch - MS Medium Branch
Gems - Kaisercraft

10 comments:

  1. OMG! I'm overloaded with goodness! These cards are all fabulous! I can't pick a favourite, I love them all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again Cassandra! I am back from blog oblivion! Lol! Love your "hello" card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh you're back! Yay! Absolutely adore your 'hello' card - gorgeous. Can't wait for more. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three are wonderful! I like your "scribbled" card even better than Kristina's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my..three absolutely beautiful cards. I love the crisp, clean feel of your first card, the adorable mittens on your second and the sweet little window on the third is simply fabulous! Thanks so much for playing with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all wonderful, Cassandra! I love the rich, red color as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love your simple but festive window! Thank you so much for sharing this lovely card with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you've dressed up that little window...so pretty and FESTIVE (of course!;) Thanks so much for joining us at FF!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...