Saturday, August 31, 2013

WMS Pyjama Party


Today has been the hottest winter day in Brisbane on record, reaching 30C.  This does not bode well for summer!  The past few weeks my daughter has been completely immersed in school assessment, her first real experience of what the years to come will hold.  For her, the holidays can't come soon enough.

So, to my challenge cards.  Unfortunately, I placed my WMS order too late to be able to play with all the new goodies but no matter, I had backup plans.


Challenge 2:  Get Nauty
This card possibly also qualifies for Golden Oldies as Vintage Labels 3 was my first WMS stamp set and I most particularly loved this rope label.  It is Father's Day in Australia tomorrow, so this is for my Dad and it will be an especially great day as they come home from a month's holiday in Europe.


What you need
Cardstock - PTI white, Pure Poppy
Patterned Paper - PTI Men of Life
Stamps - WMS Vintage Lablels 3, Compact Sentiments
Ink -  SU Real Red, Early Espresso; PTI Ripe Avocado
Twine - HA

Challenge 4:  Golden Oldies
While Vintage Labels 3 was still on my desk I decided to use one of the smaller images as a border.  I think Big Bloom Chrysanthemums came to live here not long after.



What you need
Cardstock - PTI white;  SU Rose Red
Stamps - WMS Big Bloom Chrysanthemums, Vintage Labels 3, Fancy Phrases
Ink - SU Rose Red, Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade, Baked Brown Sugar
Gem - SU 

Challenge 3 and 5: Colour challenge and Bedtime Story (sketch)




I really wanted to attack both  of these individually but time isn't on my side.  I have to say I am really pleased with the outcome.  Ooh and my first go at "generational" stamping.

.

What you need
Cardstock - SU black, basic grey,white, cherry cobbler; PTI soft stone
Stamps - WMS Fine Feathers, Vintage Labels 10
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black;  Memento Bahama Blue;  SU Cherry Cobbler
Die - MFT Bows
Gems - SU











13 comments:

  1. All three are lovely! It reminds me that I have some WMS that I have not used in a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Cassandra! I love the pattern you created using the little accent stamp, and I love your use of the fine feathers set - I used the same set too for the sketch, yet they look completly different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've been busy Cassandra - what beautiful cards..love how you've used the feathers to embellish the frame in the last one

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you have created some fabulous cards...so glad you are playing along with us at Waltzinmgouse and enjoying the Pajama Party!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. ACK...I completely forgot about the rope border in the Labels 3 set...how wonderfully it goes with any nautical theme! I love the way you strategically placed the little anchor images.

    Your golden oldies card is so creative with your use of the flourish images to create those amazing lines for that beautiful chrysanthemum. I need to case this design!

    Your last card looks incredible with that paper bow...such a great way to anchor the label to this base. Love the dimension of the cutout. Fabulous job on all of these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the clean style in all your cards! You just inspired me to go back to my desk and keep on playing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! And very creative use of the borders in your chrysanthemum card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your back up plan was genius! All cards are perfect for their challenges. Just ordered the bow die from Lil Inkers, and need to 'borrow' this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow, these are very nifty Cassandra, LOVE that you thought to use the rop border from labels 3! genius and that stamping on the Chrysanthemum card is awesome, way to use those little decorative bits!I am completely charmed with the labels 10 frame you created also, stunning card!! So delighted to see you playing along and best of luck in the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!!
    And YAY for backup plans...
    I need them often myself. :(
    In fact...I don't think I ever do anything without one! :)
    Fabulous take on all the challenges...
    really lovin' the Bedtime Story sketch and Color Inspiration...
    it's gorgeous!! :)
    They all are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card, Cassandra! Well done on winning the color challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards Cassandra, I've never really noticed Labels 3 or 10, but certainly tempted by them now!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful cards! Love the polka dot card and the bright colors you used. Beautiful Cassandra !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...