Sunday, June 23, 2013

Holidays at last ...... almost


Just one more ballet commitment to go and we will be on holidays officially!  My daughter has her ballet exam tomorrow afternoon, and they are very well prepared.  Yesterday, together with her "adventure" buddy, she did the Spartan Run.  Now you may ask what that is and you may also be asking what sort of mother lets her daughter do this before a ballet exam.  Well, I'll tell you ..... one that certainly wasn't thinking ahead when she cheerfully said, yes, nothing on that day, she is on holidays!!!

The Spartan Run is a an obstacle course cum exercise in lunacy.  Needless to say, the clothes that came home were destroyed with mud (make that 2 sets because my husband did the adults (or idiots) version.  Of course, now it's winter they held it west of Brisbane - absolutely freezing.  

It did give me a day to make cards though ....... YAY


This is the previous sketch from Cardabilities which I missed but really loved and, as you may know, I cannot resist Navy.  There were so many elements to this graphic and would have liked to use them all. 


I don't know that there was any driftwood or any other type of wood in fact, but wanted to use something like that, so cut very thin strips of kraft card.  

What you need
Cardstock - PTI Kraft, white
Patterned paper - MME Lush 2 (Navy Stripe)
Stamps - Cas-ual Fridays Bold Wishes; PTI Star Prints;  SU Ocean Commotion
Ink - Memento Nautical Blue; SU Marina Mist, Midnight Muse
Punch - Fiskars

******


Along with one of my standby challenges, I wanted to get a few birthday cards under my belt.  There are a few coming up in my family, including my best friend who is "enjoying" a significant birthday today.  I have seen a couple of beautiful cards done for this challenge, and I think this will be a very versatile sketch (notice using up more of the patterned paper - yay me!)


Turquoise is a tricky colour for me - not because I don't like it, just that my SU ink pad isn't the best and have no other colour close to it, so I have opted for the paper

What you need
Cardstock - PTI white
Patterned Paper - MME Lush 2 Turquoise stripe
Stamps - Avery Elle Petals and Stems;  PTI Stylish Sentiments: Birthday
Ink - SU Poppy Parade, Gumball Green;  Regal Rose
Corner Rounder
Die - PTI Ribbon Tails

OK, time to work on my PTI blog hop card - the theme is gold.  I have a few ideas but really need to settle on just one, before it looks just plain gaudy.

7 comments:

  1. Love them both, but I'm always partial to stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB cards, it was your ColourQ card which brought me to your blog. Great use of the sketch and colours. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Cassandra! Love you colourQ and how you tied it to Seize the Birthday, the stripes in different directions adds so much interest. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your card on ColourQ and loved it, so had to see more. I love the nautical card above aswell, a great masculine card

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your ColourQ card jumped off the page at me! It's great! I hope the ballet exam went well, and the sore muscles from the Spartan race didn't interfere with her graceful moves. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun card, Cassandra, love your summer flowers! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...