Sunday, March 17, 2013

Not raining .... but VERY hot

Interesting .....  how all my post titles are weather related.  Possibly because things in this part of the world have been so out of the ordinary.



What colour is "coral"?  There is the lovely hue in the challenge photo but I had nothing remotely resembling it.  SU used to have a coral colour but I always hated it (sorry Michelle!).  So, where to next.  I have opted for Tsukineko's official coral colour, a lovely pink tone.  So did the old smoosh on paper and love the result.  


There have been so many wonderful versions of  negative diecuts which I thought would be perfect for both these challenges.

What you need
Cardstock - PTI white, black
Stamps - PTI Stitched Sentiments;  Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Words
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black;  Brilliance Pearlescent Coral
Dies - Memory Box Prim Poppy;  PTI Stitched Sentiments

*****

Now, this green - Glorious Green, is a difficult colour for me.  Not because I don't like it, I love its freshness, but my tastes really lie in the yellow-green spectrum.  



Which is probably why I went with minimal green of any kind (oh, and some new background stamps).  


What you need
Cardstock - PTI white, black
Stamps - HA Number Pattern, Thank you, Lotus Leaves
Ink - Memento London Fog,  Versacolor Fresh Green;  Versafine Onyx Black
Gems - Kaisercraft.

*****

 I was going to stop there with the whole challenge thing this weekend, as I usually find after 2 or 3 I am no longer enjoying the "process".  But this one just wouldn't go away and after I saw a  post by Laura Bassen, it gave me an idea.


I tried this with the hexagon pattern in black, which I thought would work, but the white seemed more harmonious.  I wanted to work with my new extended collection of Inktense pencils but the effect wasn't as smooth as Copics.


Pretty happy with the effect actually.

What you need
Cardstock - PTI white, Express it blender card
Stamps - HA Luscious Frames
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Die - PTI Happy Hexagons
Copics
Corner Rounder - We R Memory Keepers


20 comments:

  1. You have been busy! I love them all. I really love the hexagon rainbow. :-)

    Coral... (no offence taken)... Cameo Coral is not "coral" in my mind. I think Coral is a more orange colour than pinky (thinking Coral jewellery). I've been trying to find a true coral ink for ages, but still haven't found it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your black/white/rose with the die cuts! very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous makes Cassandra!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three are beautiful! I got a small set of Inktense pencils and just used them for the first time a few days ago. Once I get home, playing with them is definitely on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great cards Cassandra, love your style. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the use of the negative die cuts and the drama of the black! Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh...The PINspired card is CAS and super cool! All the cards you created were just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are ALL beautiful cards! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous trio of cards! Love the banner on the first one! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow love your take on the inspirational photo.. Thanks for joining us at Pinspired Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous hexagon border~all of your cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all very pretty! I especially love the last one, the colors look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. all are great card and great use of die cuts! coral is a tough color to find in my scrap stash, even though it's one of my favorite colors! you found a beautiful tone! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love you CAS card for the Pinspired Challenge. Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hexagons and rainbows - what a perfect combo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, congratulations on the Fab 4 selection for your coral card. And no wonder--it's marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. All your cards are gorgeous! I love the negative die cut on the first one, so elegant! The HA number background is a must have, and I love how you used it with the thank you sentiment. And the blended effect on the third one it's beautiful! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...