Tuesday, February 12, 2013

WMS Christmas Card Challenge - February


The February Challenge - incorporate a heart or 2 ... afterall, it's Valentine's Day this week.  So, as I have limited WMS stamp sets on this front, I had to go with a more lateral look.  Also I have been so inspired by the latest in the Online Card Class Series - Clean and Simple 2, that I wanted to try a graduated background.  I used the colours from a previous ColourQ challenge (yes, one I missed while we had no power), 



The stylised heart is from Florentine Frippery and isn't it amazing what you find when you are looking for something else.  I found these Kaisercraft frames I have had for quite some time, I assembled the card, only to discover that the natural colour of the frame was just too "flat".  So I have coloured it, somewhat riskily in situ, with a Copic marker



Details for this challenge can be found in this post. It is lots of fun and each month is hosted by a different WMS addict (next month it's me!)

What you need
Cardstock - BB cream;  SU Early Espresso
Stamps - WMS Florentine Frippery, Compliments of the Season 2
Ink - SU Raspberry Ripple, Early Espresso, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink
Twine - Peppermint, The Twinery
Copic E79
Gems and Frame - Kaisercraft

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! This is absolutely brilliant. I love the background stamping - the gradient of colours, the addition of the gems - it's all so beautiful. I think you were very brave to colour the frame while on the card - but so worth it! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...