Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Studies in rainy day colours


The colours in both these cards are fairly indicative of the weather we have had for the past few days.  Again, torrential rain, towns not far north of us are being flooded tonight for the fifth time in 12 months.    For the driest continent on Earth, this deluge is truly ridiculous.  


Initially, I was trying for the graphic of the tie, but the colours didn't quite work.  I have gone with a pretty but not too fancy female card - I hope.

What you need
Cardstock - PTI white, vellum
Patterned paper - Teresa Collins Carolina Breeze
Stamps - HA Year Round Sentiments
Ink - Memories Unicorn
Die - MFT Fishtail Flags
Butterfly - Jenny Bowlin




This next one, I had real trouble deciding which way to go with it.  I wasn't sure whether there was a hint of Houndstooth around the hem of the dress.  So, went with minimalist again, stamped the flowers then coloured in the leaves.


What you need
Cardstock - BB Dark Blue
Stamps - HA Pattern Hearts and Flowers
Ink - Memories Unicorn
Prismacolor white pencil
Uniball white gel pen
Gems - Kaisercraft

6 comments:

  1. Cassandra, the first thing I thought when I saw you PDCC card was that you captured the tie pattern! I LOVE this card! That butterfly is also a FAB detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first thing I noticed about your PDCC card was the designer paper....I used the same Teresa Collins pad for my card! It's a great take on the "tie" of the theme image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now this is just stunning! the gems are perfectly placed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your design is symmetrical, but on the diagonal. And the blue card base looks awesome! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...