Saturday, December 15, 2012

The last of the WMS Christmas card Challenge cards

November - "Brighten Up"



I have used this idea before for a published card (digital version of Paper Crafts), The doily stamps are to imitate the flame and they are glitter embossed, which is a little hard to see.  

What you need
Cardstock - American Crafts
Stamps - WMS Large Doily, Say it Loud Winter Holiday
Ink - Versamark
Embossing Powder - Glitter Gold; Judi Kins Rockin Red;  Filigree White
Birthday Candle


December - GREEN


Green had me a little stumped for a while.  I knew I wanted some stitching on it, and wanted to try for an all green card.  Well, you don't count white do you!  I had decided on the sentiment but no dies I own went with it.  

So, the final draft has a "framed" background, jewelled of course, with a pretty flourish die from MFT.

What you need
Cardstock - Bazzill Basics
Stamps - WMS Compliments of the Season 1 and 2
Ink - SU Pear Pizzazz, Gumball Green
Die - MFT Framing Flourishes
Thread - DMC
Gems - Kaisercraft

3 comments:

  1. what a cool effect on that first card. When I first saw it, I wasn't sure what that was and then I realized the effect you were going for. clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are just fabulous - but for me (as a lover of green) it's your second card that's my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love them both, but I especially love the way you did the flame on the first one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...