Monday, December 10, 2012

Case This Sketch #8 and ColourQ #166



I came across this challenge blog a few weeks ago, and have only just got the chance to have a go.  I am sure I will have plenty of inspiration for next years Christmas cards with the number I have done this year.



I am not entirely happy with this one.  I think the sentiment is too large but when you are running out of time, needs must.  I have seen so many cards of late using negative die cuts that I wanted to have a go as the effect is stunning.

What you need
Cardstock - SU white, Rich Razzleberry
Stamps - HA Sparkle with Happiness
Ink - SU Rich Razzleberry
Die - TE Snowflake Border
Gems - Kaisercraft

For my second card, I didn't want to miss ColourQ again especially with all these dazzling blues.  Went with simplicity this time, which could be good for mass production next year.


I had a play with the new SU colours a few weeks ago and always thought that Night of Navy couldn't be bettered.  But it can, I love this new navy, just need to remember to get a refill, SOON.


What you need
Cardstock - SU white
DSP - SU Brights Collection (Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point)
Stamps - HA Very Merry Christmas
Ink - SU Midnight Muse
Marker - SU Pool Party
Die - MFT Fishtail Flag Stax
Gems - Kaisercraft



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous take on the CTS sketch - love the rich colour (and I think the sentiment is perfect in that spot!) Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Cassandrra. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beautiful simplicity of both cards! Very pretty interpretation of the sketch. So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm keeping track of all these challenges, but not finding the time to play with any of them. The negative die cut is one of the techniques I'm really wanting to try. I love your Colour Q card. Those blues are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards are beautiful. I'm glad you were able to join us this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...