Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 2012 PTI Blog Hop



I am not sure whether the brief included magazine covers or not.  I had picked this cover from an Australian magazine Country Style before thinking that it may only be book covers.  Anyway, I have covered both bases.  


A few things caught my eye in this picture, firstly the wreath, but none of the many shades of brown I possess were quite right.  Then I settled on the gingerbread house.  There is a bit of white on the house in an attempt to include snow.


I also really liked the gold title, so I embossed the sentiment, though it is a little hard to see.


All in all, happy with the result.

What you need
Cardstock - SU Soft Suede, white
Stamps - PTI Boards and Beams,  Home for the Holidays
Ink - SU Early Espresso;  Versamark;  PTI Fresh Snow
Embossing Powder - Celebrations of Australia Glitter Gold
White Prismacolor pencil
Pearls - Kaisercraft

So, if it is a book cover that is required, I present Plan B.  I have had this book for several years and not read it, and probably won't, no reflection on the author or subject, but the pile of books occupying my bedside table will take quite a while to get through.  


I was really drawn to the colours behind the silhouette.   So I embossed a border, then cut the snowflakes to fit inside.  A simple card but effective, I think.



What you need
Cardstock - PTI Hawaiian Shores, black, Sweet Blush, Raspberry Fizz
Stamps - PTI Wreath for all Seasons
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Dies - PTI Snowflakes, Wonderful words - Christmas
Snowflake punch - Martha Stewart
Gems - Kaisercraft.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card inspired by the magazine and fun take on the book cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are beautiful, so ambitious taking on two covers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent job with both! Pat K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From very elegant to city chic, great job from your covers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - I'm not sure which card I like better?! The fist is softly elegant - love the touches of white and the gold embossing, the second is bright & graphic - the colors play off each other perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...