Sunday, November 20, 2011

There is something about 9 year old girls in confined spaces .....

BOY, can they make alot of noise!  My daughter had her 9th birthday party yesterday with a small group of friends.  Very well behaved but can they squeal, especially with Selena Gomez on the iPod.


This was the invitation for the cooking party, at which they made ravioli and a croquembouche as the birthday cake.  I used SU's Domestic Goddess DSP and some WMS gingham.  Win, win. Mum didn't have to do anything for the party - well, till next weekend which is the family get-together.


These were the take-home gifts I put together from a blog post Kim Badelt did last year.  Thank you so much Kim.

Hope she doesn't expect much for next year!  Just a few more teacher gifts to organise and some family Christmas presents and maybe, just maybe, I might get around to a challenge or two.

7 comments:

  1. What a super invitation and a great idea for a birthday party. I know exactly what you mean about squealing girls! Sounds like your daughter had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a darling invitation! I love the tablecloth look of the DSP and the gingham, and your stitching along the edge. And your party favors are so darn cute! I'm guessing they were a huge hit. Not sure what a croquembouche is but I'm sure it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant party idea Cassandra! Love the invitation and the gifts are just fabulous! What a clever Mum!! Hope your ears have recovered from the squealing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol having a boy I'm always amazed at how much girls squeal, and it's quite ear piercing.

    Excellent idea for a birthday party, love your invites and those take home gifts are gorgeous. I'm sure all of the girls loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look wonderful Cassandra, so bright and fun! Love the tags you added to hang off them, and how fun for me to see the idea recreated - thanks :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. The invitation and favors are adorable! I do remember that age, and how much energy they had!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card and the take home gifts look great too, well done :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...