Thursday, August 25, 2011

PTI August Blog Hop




The Inspiration




This sketch came from a blog called Page Maps. Unfortunately I am unable to enter this challenge as I am not a US citizen (slightly annoying) but decided to use it anyway.




Hmmm,  not sure what I think about the outcome,  it is possibly alittle too busy which isn't my usual style, but it was an interesting exercise.  I'll leave it at that.

What you need
Carstock - PTI white, Fine Linen
Patterned Paper - PTI Men of Life, Polka Dot Basics
Stamps - PTI Damask Designs, Mat Stack 3 Collection, Sending you,  Flower Fusion
Ink - SU Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo;  Versacolor Orchid
Lace - May Arts


8 comments:

  1. Such a shame you can't enter the challenge - your card is just lovely! That lace looks very pretty along the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it wrong that I snorted when I read "it was an interesting exercise"? Ha ha! Sometimes you sound like me talking to myself. I like that sketch, not my style either, but it appeals to me, I can see why you wanted to give it a go.
    The recognition is pouring in for you, I have a giant smile on my face. Even when you aren't sure what you think of the outcome, the card is gorgeous!
    Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you certainly have beautifully incorporated many of the elements of the inspiration sketch! Your card looks great! The damask paper you made is the key design piece. I tried but couldn't come up with something to do with this sketch--too many disparate elements. I'm hoping next month's challenge is a little more inspirational...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cassandra this is so pretty. Love all of the layers and of course the sweet polka dot paper! The red flowers are superb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great combination of the sketch and the picture. Its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is a great combination of the sketch & the photo inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful , card . Too bad you cant enter in the other challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun combination of papers and accents!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...