Friday, June 17, 2011

WMS June Blog Waltz

Edited to Add:  This card was highlighted in the June Blog Waltz in Review

This month's theme - Celebrating 4th July/ Americana


I wasn't sure whether I would participate this month, because I don't really have any stamps that say Americana.  As an Australian, I don't know anyone who I would send this kind of card to, and I think collectively as a nation,  we are far less fervently patriotic, so don't send cards to celebrate our national day (Jan 26th if you were wondering).  That said, I settled on afew other symbols which were probably more useful to me - stars, stripes, red/white/blue.

As always, in my effort to over-complicate things, I punched out some stars from acrylic.  The kindy-glitz red ones worked alright, but I tried using some navy Smooch.  Surprise, Surprise it didn't dry.  So I have ended up stamping first then punching out the stars from navy paper (much easier).

What you need
Cardstock - PTI white;  SU Night of Navy
Stamps - WMS Victorian Frippery, Say it Loud
Ink - SU Real Red;  PTI Fresh Snow
Other - Acrylic, striped ribbon, gemstones, Kindyglitz

Enjoy the Waltz!!

20 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of red, white, blue, stars and, your card, of course. Despite the patriotic fervor over here on the Fourth of July, I don't know anyone who sends cards. I usually do one a year for my MIL whose birthday is the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clean design of you card Cassie. Its really stylish.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect CAS card, love it. My kinda card!

    Happy Waltzing

    ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such CAS elegance - fabulous design! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know anyone who sends patriotic cards either, unless it would be to a member of the military. But this card, which is so classically elegant, could be sent to anyone for just about any occasion. You always set the bar so high, I'm frequently thinking, "Now why didn't I think of that?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, this would work as a fun birthday card for sure! love the stars and the scored lines on this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, I was going to do almost the same thing (cut out my stars etc!) then changed my mind at the last minute and went with the banners! They can be used for any celebratory occasion, it fits with many themes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just perfect! Love the CAS style and me too,(not having anything to do with America) went for a non - patriotc way ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super nice Americana card! So Beautiful and elegant - WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card!! You did well, Cassandra! Love the stars and the embossed borders.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very stylish card Cassandra and I think it would work very well as a card for someone who has just passed exams/graduated. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Cassandra, being the true American that I am (LOL!), I just LOVE this card! I LOVE the red and blue stars and the embossing and the stripes! This is REALLY WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cassandra, this is awesome! Love the scoring and the stars! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is very nice. Love the stars! Glad you could work with the theme and still have a card that you can use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh such a cool and chic design! I love how the flourishes on the stars coordinate with the curves of the "celebrate" sentiment. Such a pretty card, thanks so much for sending the USA some love all the way from Australia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. wonderful card....perfect for the waltz and to celebrate whatever you like!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the stars and the embossing on the card base is such a great touch! I think it would be a great card to celebrate any occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic! Love your CAS style. The Victorian Frippery pattern on the blue stars is REALLY striking.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think your card is fantastic...and I would happily display this card if you sent it to me. hint-hint-wink-wink....LOL Us Americans LOVE our patriotic symbolism and this card really speaks to me! Thanks for playing along with the waltz even thought it isn't "your" holiday. CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not the least surprised this is a winner! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...